
I don't know if you remember {this post}, but it just sort of kind of shows how important Miss Adrianne Nuttall is to me! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! This year our friendship will be ten years old.
That is the oldest friendship I have. Besides the fambam.
I moved to Houston when I was 11. I remember my mom telling me about a girl my age who was about to show up with her mom to meet us. Let me tell you how awkward that was. We had no furniture, but we did have board games. My sister would bring down game after game so we could entertain ourselves without talking. They left us some cookies and old mattresses from their barn, and departed.
When we were 13 we made a secret notebook and definitely wrote notes back and forth to each other, even though we told each other what was in the note before reading it. We had matching t-shirts and sat together in Beehives.
At 15, we would beg our mothers for rides to each others houses where we would watch Disney Channel, sit on AIM, and eat instant macaroni and cheese and frozen cookies. We never did anything cool. But we were uncool together.
When we were the glorious age of 16, Adrianne would pick me up in her little firebird and drive us wherever our hearts could take us. I didn't drive for another year, and I thought she was SOOO KEWL LIKE OMGSH with her little black sports car.
17. This was the year she moved away from me. The Nuttall's transfered to Edmond, Oklahoma, and I thought I would die from the separation. But cell phones and facebook wouldn't allow it. I called her after my first kiss. She was the first to know.
18. We discovered freshman year how to be best friends as adults, and never missed a beat. We would spend endless nights with her sisters because we didn't have other friends. We would cry and complain about the boy troubles, and celebrate the excitements of boy successes.
19-20. More solid than ever before. We know we annoy each other sometimes. We have since we met. But we also know that if one of us is in need, the other will be there taking our side. And we both know it will stay that way.
I don't know who reads this, I don't know who cares. But if you know anything about me, you know this girl is my best friend and my second self, and that I could rave about her for days on end.
AND NOW SHE IS TWENTY-ONE.
And she will only become more beautiful, hilarious, blonde, and faithful than she is already.
Love you AD.
And I know you love me for putting this picture up.
It might be my favorite picture of our lives.
5 comments:
What?! You only hung out with me and Lauren because you had no friends and felt pathetic. Man, glad I could be that fallback! :D
:)
This is happy!
breanna-
you made me cry once again. you are the greatest best friend forever. our friendless will never end. i love you to death and can't wait for you to come back to me!
My favorite part about your relationship is that your mother and I had to refuse to let you room together at EFY, but you kept doing it anyway...then would be annoyed and irritated with each other, and then everything was all better. I love being Momma Nuttall and my counterpart is Momma Stutz. And by the way - those weren't old mattresses from the barn...they were trundle bed mattresses!!! Silly girl.
Is that the big chair from our living room you guys are sitting on? Not sure if it is, but it looks like it.
-Kenny
Post a Comment