March 5, 2010
I love love LOVE having Fridays off! We slept until 9:30, cleaned the house as a surprise for Monique, and caught a bus to downtown. We waited around for everyone and then went to the top of the Sky Tower! It was so surreal to see my city from an (almost) aerial point of view; it was beautiful! We could see the museum, Albert Park (where the Chinese Festival was), Rangitoto, Devonport, the harbour, and about 20 volcanoes! After our descent, we ("the four blondes") got some more gelato from Giapo's, of course. It is definitely the best gelato place in town.
Mekelle, Ashley, Jayna, and I have been titled the four blondes. None of us are actually totally blonde, but I guess since we all have similar hair color, are similar heights, and hang out a lot, it must make some sort of sense. I'm still trying to figure it out though.
I skyped with a group of Enclave friends that night and it was so fun. I just love and miss those people! I can't wait to see them all again! Then me and Ash went back to Jayna and Mekelle's to just hand out for a bit. I love these girls too!
March 6, 2010
Today was such a great day! We woke up early to get ready for Beau's baptism. Beau is Farran's little half-brother; he is nine years old and has down syndrome. He lives with his mum, Kamaea, Jayna, and Mekelle. The four of us were asked to sing "I feel my Savior's love" at the service. It was super high, but we pulled it off. I was also asked to be the chorister, and we sang again at the "after party."

The people know we are willing, so they constantly ask us to serve in little ways. My musical talents are actually growing because of these opportunities. I'm glad I am having to work hard for them. After the baptism we went to Jule's for some pancakes and ice cream (my FAVORITE discovery here).
We came home and changed, and a really cool guy from YSA came and picked all four of us up. We went to a park for a free concert, but it was pretty lame so we ended up at the mall to have a feed. We met up with another YSA friend and went "park hopping." We found three or four different "flying foxes," or zip lines at different parks! It was funny as. We really had a fun time just mucking around and driving through Auckland. We stopped at a Chinese take-away and got fried Mars bars.
Ok, seriously. It is a chocolate bar, deep-fried. It sounds awful. It is. Actually it is a delicious piece of heaven, but it is so heavy and oily and fatty that I couldn't have eaten the whole thing.
March 7, 2010
This morning I stayed in bed while everyone got ready and left for church. I climbed out of bed and got ready for like 3 hours! It was wonderful. I walked to Jule's and went to Swanson ward with Jayna and Mekelle. They both have "callings" in their wards so it was different. I went to Young Women's with Jayna and it was so fun to relive teenagedom!
Monique picked me up and we went to Alvin's (Farran's dad) for a barbie (BBQ). I didn't know anyone there but it was fun! Then we went to Sara's house to see Monique's dad who had just gotten back from a year in Fiji and Iraq.
2 comments:
can we come live with you there?!?! it is sooooo pretty!!!!!
oops...that was pierina that wrote that, not jacob :)
Post a Comment