Saturday, March 13, 2010

less chronological facts. more heart.

I wrote this post about six months ago, and just rediscovered it...


It’s time.

These moments of realization have surfaced over and over again for more than a year now. And finally, emotion has stopped coming with them. It’s like an inside joke with myself, these recurring thoughts. Months pass with no remembrance. Then boredom settles in, and old hopes reignite. Someone else is around more than I am. That someone else has taken my old place. Because my life has taken a drastically different course than I had planned.

But my new course is slowly weaving itself into a beautiful one. Distractions. Adventures. Huge decisions. Sometimes the threads are painful ones; sometimes the confusion is worse. But the shining moments of happiness far outnumber and outweigh the struggles.

And none of this revolves around what it used to, which brings more freedom to my heart than I have ever experienced.

{except for maybe on this day.}

Well done, Breanna. You are finally done. The door is closed. And thousands of new ones have opened.

Being a daughter of God means that if you seek it, you can find your true identity. You will know who you are. This will make you free--not free from restraints, but free from doubts, anxieties, or peer pressure. - President Faust, Nov 1999

No comments: