Friday, October 23, 2009

new zealand.

This is my first official announcement. Sort of.

I'm going.
To New Zealand.
January 5, 2009 - April 11, 2009.

Did you hear what I said?
I'M GOING TO NEW ZEALAND!
SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY!
I'M GOING TO NEW ZEALAND!

It doesn't feel real yet. I will be studying abroad and teaching the children in the outskirts of Aukland. I get to travel the island and hike the trail to Mordor (kidding). It's going to be like a school-filled vacation! Wow. I'm going to New Zealand. I could say that over and over again. So I will. I'm going to New Zealand.


Let me tell you, it was not the easiest decision to make.
What could possibly be wrong with going to New Zealand? A lot of things.
Debt, missing weddings, missing friends, being far from BYU (my parents would add being far from BYU boys), etc. And most of all missing the daily contact with my family. I made a pros and cons list, I weighed the decision out in my mind, and I took it to the Lord. It took me months of frustrations, days of fasting, and a few hours of crying. But it is finished.

This is something I am supposed to do.
For me, not you. Sounds selfish, right?
Right.
But if there is time to be selfish, it's now.




What a beautiful country. That I'm going to.

10 comments:

Claire said...

YES! Breanna can afford to be selfish sometimes. The time is NOW!

I can't wait to talk to you more about this. Happy day.

brooke said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyy goooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhhhh iiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm
soooooooooooooooo
freaking
jealous.

Kira said...

yea.... I'm excited for you... and a little jealous. I wish I would of realized all the amazing opportunities that BYU offers to do some sort of study abroad. Hope you have fun!

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

BREANNA! I'm sooooooooooo excited for you! You are going to have so much fun in New Zealand! Our cohort will miss you

Symantha said...

YAY! Congratulations! Study Abroad is the best thing EVER! I'm happy for you.

The Browning Bunch said...

You are so lucky that you get to go!!!! Make sure to put lots of photos on your blog!!!

Carolyn said...

New Zealand is one of my most favorite places we visited...it is truly breathtaking!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! I am happy for you. You will LOVE it there. It is amazing!!!

Megan said...

Its okay to be selfish...I mean I was and it totally worked out! Plus..if Heavenly Father is on your side...then there is no stress! This will be an AWESOME trip!

James said...

Awesome Breanna! You will have a blast. Look at all the cool geology for me out there.