Tuesday, October 20, 2009

dear blog.

Ok, I'm back. And I've been withholding posts because I thought there was a blogger issue.
I'm really smart. It was actually my issue.
Sometimes I think I'm tech-savvy, but other times I realize that I'm really not, at all.
Anyway:


Dear blog,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY {eight days ago}!

Yes, I made this. No, not for my blog.
But I don't think I ever uploaded it.
Thought you'd appreciate it.

One year, eight days, 56 posts.
I was trying to remember what was going through my head when I named my blog Simplicity.
I'm pretty sure I was working on simplifying my life. Obvious, right?
Everything was fitting together, everything I read, everything I studied, seemed to say,
"BREANNA, calm down. Life is happy. Remember the basics. You are doing great."
Somehow, this theme has remained persistent. It is such a strength on days like these!

I have loved this year of blogging! I love posting. I love comments. I love sharing my life with my dearest family and friends through this medium. But my favorite part? Reading your blogs. What a cool, technological community we are. You are each full of great stories, great ideas, and inspiration. So, for my sake: BLOG ON!


Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo DaVinci
The simplest things are often the truest.
-Richard Bach
Simplicity is the glory of expression.
-Walt Whitman

No comments: