Friday, May 13, 2011

get it girl.

Twelve things.

1. I've seen lots of other bloggers do this. So I'm being a copycat. But what list-making maniac (me) wouldn't want to try and put their life into a simple list of 12? Well, 11 now.

2. Speaking of 11, that's how many school days are left in this school year. In eleven school days, I can say I've taught a whole year of school. At age 21. GO ME! This deserves a whole reflective post on its own, if not a book. It's been the hardest thing, emotionally and intellectually, I've ever done. I've cried and worried over these sweet children more than over any boy. And that makes me proud (because I've done my fair share of boy-crying). What a beautiful, successful disaster this year has been. I've learned to love in more ways and directions than I can describe. I've gotten a sneak peek of how much I'll love my own children.

3. Speaking of boys, if I had a boyfriend right now, he would've bought me Never Say Never: Justin Bieber 3D on DVD by now. It came out at midnight last night. And every good boyfriend supports his girlfriend's love of Justin Bieber. 

4. Speaking of Justin Bieber, I really need to post on projectbakeblog.blogspot.com. Alright, it has nothing to do with Justin Bieber, but I've baked a ton I haven't blogged about and I'm starting to feel pretty guilty. I can't wait to get back to working really hard on it again as soon as school gets out. I decided I need to blog my disastrous experiences too, because there have been one or two. Hopefully if you check back after this weekend there will be plenty new recipes and pictures to see!

5. Am I allowed to put a list inside another list? Wanna see my summer list? Here it is:
Go to the following places: Jackson Hole, WY. Rexburg, ID. East coast, somewhere somehow. Littleton, Colorado. See a show (Grease or The Little Mermaid) at Tuachan, St. George. Wakeboard and be an EFY counselor in Texas. Meet husband. Go to all the temples in Utah. Play baseball at the actual Sandlot from the actual movie. It's in Salt Lake. Go camping and hiking as much as possible. Buy a bike. Train for a 1/2 marathon. Get to 75 on Project Bake. Ok, this is starting to look like a huge list.

6. I have a soccer game tonight that I actually really don't feel like playing in. But I already told them I was coming. I'm working on getting excited right now.

7. I'm getting really really excited about my new calling in church. It's just for the summer but it's something that I love, so I'm pumped. And I get to teach other girls how to do their callings; teaching is my favorite.

8. My list for things to get done this weekend is ENORMOUS. I'm scared.

9. Today my students ALL made their Accelerated Reading goal on time (for the 4th goal period straight, I might add). You have no idea how stressful that can be unless you are a teacher at a school with the AR program, or a student who waited until the last week to work on their goal. I am proud, I made my goal as well.

10. Umm, my nose just started randomly bleeding while I was typing #9. I know it's warmer today than it has been and Utah is dry and I've had a bit of a head cold, but bloody nose? Seriously? How weird, I haven't had one of these since my high school soccer glory days (which didn't come with a lot of glory, I might add).

11. So I just got back from my soccer game and realized this post was still sitting here. Annnddd guess what, WE WON. I didn't want to tell you earlier but we lost our first two games miserably, which is why  I wasn't excited. But WE WON! And.... I SCORED! Gotta get down on Friday.

12. Both my roommates are on dates. I'm about to go to an epic life changing party that I am going to make happen because the only other thing happening is the Justin Bieber movie. Maybe the party and movie will combine and create the most wondrous occasion of my life. Besides that one time I went bungee jumping.

1 comment:

Megan said...

LOVE #2! You should be so proud of yourself! That is pretty amazing...and at such a young age! Go girl!