All I had were the clothes on my back, my own teddy bear, and my scriptures from my baptism. But suddenly, even as an 11 year old, I realized that it would be okay. Because my mom and dad were here. My brothers and sister were here. Ranger was here. I would be taken care of. And while my melted Beanie Babies were somewhat of a tragedy, the lessons of love, service, and family I learned that day are priceless.
A huge thanks to those who were there in that great time of need. I may not have completely understood at the time, but your acts of service changed the lives of my whole family.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, you are sooo strong! I cannot imagine that happening and I'm glad that you have turned your experience into a positive one! I'm so glad that the irreplaceable things were safe!
You have inspired Kenny to do a post also. He is working on it now.
I am sorry about your Beanie Babies...but that part made me laugh a little.
Its amazing how quickly life can change.
Thank you for sharing this. You just never know the huge things that people go through!
You should give then a Mister Rogers coupon for sure!
Post a Comment