April 1-5, 2010
We spent about 4 days up in Northland! I am honestly so tired of typing up day by day activities, so here is a photomentary for yous:
MACK ATTACK: A speedboat ride to "The Hole in the Rock," "Cathedral Cave," and past the EOS, a huge, beautiful yacht with boats and jet skis hanging off it.
Cape Reinga: The very tip top of New Zealand where the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean meet. There is an awesome light house and sign there, and it was a good little walk.





Sand dune boogie boarding: Me and Ash were definitely matching (bungee pride). We drove to some sand dunes and had a blast! I definitely ate it a few times. I wanted to upload videos but they were taking FOREVER so I'll have to show yous later (sorry for the bad grammar, I'm a kiwi now).

PARASAILING: Pure awesomeness. Me and Jayna went flying together. The view was fantastic, gotta love those 144 islands. Oh, and Sam did my hair in a really rad french braid.






Dolphin watching: Was supposed to be dolphin swimming, but there were too many baby dolphins to allow it! But we saw about 60 dolphins in their natural, wild habitat. They were so fun and such show-offs!! I wanted to bring one home.




HAPPY EASTER! Went to church, had a picnic, and chilled in the hotel. Walked the beach at night.
Waitangi Treaty Grounds: Hit up some history sites. The Treaty of Waitangi was when the Maori and the white man made ammends to share the land of Aotearoa. It is where NZ started! We got to see the biggest waka (war canoe) on this earth, and I went to my last marae. I wasn't quite ready to be done with those.



Kerikeri: Stopped by Haruru falls, bought things at a wood shop, browsed the chocolate factory and a ceramic store. Drove home to Auckland.

What an amazing trip! It was a good last little holiday. Now I just have a few Auckland days before I leave my beautiful 2nd country. Maybe I will miss my flight this Friday...
1 comment:
So Jealous! Isn't para-sailing so much fun? &those dolphins are SO cool.
Post a Comment