Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just can't get enough.

My students are still in school, so I took the opportunity during my day off (of vacations) to run back to my beloved Pomaria and surprise my kiddos. I snuck into the back of the classroom and looked around until I heard, "HI MISS STUZ!" and half the class swarmed me! It was enough to make me tear up instantly!

"I missed you!" "Are you back forever?" "Miss Stutz, I couldn't sleep the night you left." "I thought you were gone!" "Did you come all the way back from Texas?" "I missed you Miss. So much." My precious Room 4.
I told them all about Rotorua and apologized to Miss Snow for creating mass chaos in the classroom. I went to lunch with all of them and they were so excited to take more pictures! I had taught them all how to use my Nikon and they couldn't wait for another turn!






After lunch I go to read them one last book, promised I would skype with them, and snuck right back out that back door. My heart was full of love and attachment, and aching from goodbyes and distance. Oh, how I've fallen in love. I won't forget what I've learned from these sweet souls. I sure wish this place was closer to Texas.

1 comment:

kendra and jeffrey said...

How precious is this?! What a great little memory to have.