Thursday, March 25, 2010

Drums and Harakeke.

March 22-25, 2010
One of my new favorite things in the world is taking pictures of my students. They are so beautiful. Here are just some pictures of my last week as a student teacher at Pomaria Primary School. Go Turangawaewae!
My girls.
Thomas and Leighton.

This is seriously the only way they know how to take pictures.
This. Boy. Is. Adorable.



This is my all time favorite!

On Wednesday evening, I was lucky enough to learn to weave my own Harakeke, or flax. The Maori people used this plant for everything, from clothing to fishing line to kits. And a woman with a diploma in Maori art came to our house to show Ashley and I how to make a Harakeke Kete, the perfect size for our scriptures!
Here is my weaving pattern, much harder than it looks!

And me with my bag halfway finished! I would have a finished product picture but... it's not finished. Oops! It's a long process; you can all see it when I bring it back to the states, ok?

1 comment:

kendra and jeffrey said...

Breanna, you are so beautiful! You are just glowing! I need you here in my arms.