Just another day in Christchurch! We went to a really interesting art museum in the morning, and I got in trouble for taking a picture of the most random piece of art I have ever seen, so I deleted it because I felt bad. So you don't get to see any of that, sorry! We bought some amazing fudge from the shops, and then went punting on the Avon river!


It was so fun! We were all exhausted, so just riding on the river was such a luxury. And our punter man was LDS! Who would have known? He and his wife attended BYU-H.
We went back to the botanical gardens to do some exploring! We found gardens with hundreds of types of roses and indoor gardens. We found the biggest rose in the world!
And we found a mama duck with her babies! They reminded me of Lucky and Jude from freshman year. Yes, I had pet ducks in the dorms. For about two weeks.
We went back to the art centre and checked out some of the artists' goods. Of course I found the Harry Potter wands in a wood shop. Of course I took a picture with them. Of course it might be one of my favorite pictures of all time. Of course I have a ridiculously excited look on my face.
That night we headed back to our hotel a little early, and James taught us all about the Church history here in New Zealand, and then we settled back into our "mondobed" (me, Jayna, Mekelle, and Ashley pushed all our beds together) to watch LOTR2. We also set the camera on self timer and tried to get some awesome diving shots. Don't judge us.
I'll have one more post to wrap up my trip to the South Island, and then I'll be back to my almost normal Auckland life! I am so behind on all the happenings! Even more pictures will be uploaded to facebook soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment