I don't know if you remember the loud-laughing girl in my math class that I mentioned in a previous post, but she has blessed my life again. A few weeks ago, she handed me a paper that had "Quotes from General Authorities Regarding Stress." Today was stress. I read the quotes and thought of her. Then, I ran into her in our dear McKay building, and we studied together. She left for a few hours to HAND OUT SOUP. She made soup, brought it to campus, and gave it away to starving, sleep-deprived, stressed out strangers.
She is an angel. One day in October she explained her priorities to me. People first, school later. She takes care of herself so that she can take care of others. And then she takes care of her homework. I have tried to emulate this priority list ever since.
Just so you know, lately, I will drop anything for a heart-to-heart.
If you are longing to have one, I am your girl.
I just hope it's ok that I will be packing while we have it.
1 comment:
Okay, I have only met one girl like that and her name is Cicily and she is tall and blonde and crazy and she really is an angel. Same person?
Post a Comment