Friday, November 6, 2009

and then there was light.

Let's talk.
Lately, I've felt like I've had a full time job, a 45 minute commute, and homework to top off my nights. Even being a teacher's helper is so time consuming. Planning lessons, teaching lessons, preparing materials for lessons. I love it with all of my soul. However, it has completely thrown my priorities out of whack. Which has thrown my brain out of whack. I'm an organized girl, but the past two weeks have been chaos!

Me and dearest Kendra's bathroom lights haven't worked for two weeks. That's right, we've been using a flashlight. Awesome, right? How long does it take to call maintenance?

And 3 bulbs in our living room have been out. Our stairwell light has been out. Our downstairs light has been out. We've been living in a cave of darkness.

My room has been a disaster.
Laundry was far overdue.
My gas tank has been empty.
My car has been dirty.
The bills have been unpaid.
I had no milk, no bread, no eggs.
My shampoo and conditioner bottles have been dangerously low.



Today, there was no school at Copperview Elementary.
I slept in.
I cleaned my room.
I did my laundry. I cleaned my apartment.
I filled my tank. I got a car wash.
I called maintenance and replaced light bulbs.
I went grocery shopping. Got milk, bread, eggs, shamp & condish.
I worked on my bills.
And now I will return to my life of lesson planning.
I love today.

Besides the gospel, my key to happiness is productiveness and cleanliness.
Oh wait, that is the gospel. Awesome.
Also, we finally got the conference issue of the Ensign! Awesome x2.

4 comments:

kendra and jeffrey said...

I love this.
You are a good blogger
and roommate.

loves!

Rica said...

Your blog post entertained me enough that I read it for my mom.

Brilliant. There's a light in my bathroom that needs to be replaced too.

Great. Now I remember I have to clean my entire apartment after I get home. Cleaning checks on Tuesday!

brooke said...

condishhh

Marissa Stutz said...

Sister.
This is a great post.
I decided to write like you.
In poem-ish form.
I miss you!

<3 Marissa.