Wow. What a glorious life I live. This weekend was visionary. No, nothing extraordinary happened, it was just simple. Simple divinity. As I noted in my last post, most of my friends are out of town this weekend. But not all of them. Dear Katie and Brooke and Ian, you rock. Yesterday I started my day at the library with my English group, working hard for three hours on our 15 page research paper. We were successful. I walked out earlier than expected to greet the heat and the shadows of heavy clouds. I watched half an indie film before receiving a call from the one and only Brooke Beecher. And the fun began. And by fun, I mean calm, lazy excitement. After watching multiple episodes of Arrested Development (a show I have never been involved in, although I found it pretty hilarious yesterday), Katie, Brooke, Ian and I decided our bodies needed nourishing. And what better way to do so than to feed them exceptionally over-priced Italiano? We set off to Gloria's Little Italy, to experience a little tortellini and a little lasagna. We watched the movie Stardust afterwards to let ourselves digest. I must say I felt the adventurous and hopelessly romantic side of me at the end of Tristan's journey.
Bike ride. To campus. Best part of my day. Although I was borrowing a kid-sized bike that was missing the ends of its handlebars, I was able to keep up with my bicycle gang. We biked all around campus, through the sprinkling rain, and down the hill back to the Enclave. While on campus, I came across a HUGE deer. It just looked at me and eventually hid behind a bush as I got closer and closer. We were going to become really great friends until Katie so lovingly said "Breanna, do you think you are Snow White or something?" Then I realized I was probably tormenting the deer more than befriending it. Darn. I always wished Dr. Dolittle was a true story. While the clouds continually threatened to open and pour down on us, I paused to breathe in that its-about-to-rain smell and the smell of the trees. It was lovely. This earth is beautiful.
Finally, we went swimming. For nearly three hours. It rained as we played football and keep away in the pool with 12 others. And how else to end the day but with a piece of cake and a conversation with friends? I would go on to tell you how wonderful today has been as well, but that might be overwhelming for my friends of the sarcastic nature. I know this post is incredibly happy and content and lovey and cliche, but I do not see one thing wrong with that.
Friends, count your many blessings. Name them one by one. Throw your cares away for a weekend and feel the sun (or rain) on your face. It is worth it to live, to really live.
3 comments:
you're so cute! and why weren't you riding my bike?!
Those are my favorite kinds of weekends!
I figured out how you can follow a blog without the thing on the side!
go to your dashboard. look at the list of blogs you follow. click the "add" button at the bottom left of the list. put in the url. state if you want to follow publicly or anonymously. then follow!
ta-da!
Post a Comment