This morning: Dance class. Walked up to campus. Ran an errand for a friend. Bought a book and chocolate covered nuts. Walked past a forest of green on the way home. Went to the grocery store with Michelle. Bought treats for friends. Delivered treats for friends. Chatted. Unloaded groceries. Wasted time on YouTube. Wrote a missionary. Blogged.
Also, {this video} is hilarious, but it probably shouldn't be.
Everyone is going out of town this weekend. Everyone but Breanna. I must stay behind and work on a research paper. Thus, I will be productive this weekend. I have many goals to complete, as I will not be distracted by an overflowing social life. I am weirdly excited and bummed about it. English class has taken over my life, but the sun is still shining.
Friends are getting married. Friends are leaving on missions. Friends are graduating. Friends are moving. Friends are studying abroad. For crying out loud, I am in college. The most changing time of my life, but I feel restless. I'll live in the same apartment for another year. I'll be in Provo, UT. Restlessness is not a bad feeling, though. It is actually pushing me to be more adventurous and daring. I want to do things. I want to hike Timp. I want to skydive. I want to travel. I want to volunteer more often. I want to get in shape. I want to study for myself. I want to fall in love.
I am also getting super excited for my next adventure. I'm driving to California in a month for my first time ever to visit one of my dearest friends and attend her farewell. She is leaving June 17th to serve a mission for 18 months in D.C. Sister Funch, bringing flavor to Virginia.
I am grateful for life. And friends. And change. And the warmth of the sun.
Breanna's Words of Wisdom: Ok, so they are C.S. Lewis' words, but I'm telling you to read them: It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
2 comments:
I love you.
And I love these insights into your life.
Also, that video was hilarious.
Kaylie stole the words right out of me, darn it.
Hey! Let's be adventurous together, shall we?
Post a Comment