Today is that day. That day each winter when it is finally light outside when you get in your car in the morning. I felt my spirits lift and my tread become lighter.
I have a lot of favorite people. You would think this would lessen the meaning of the word 'favorite,' but it doesn't. I really, genuinely like a LOT of people a LOT. But I get to spend seven hours a day/five days a week with 23 of my favorite people (it helps that they are really cute).
Last night I had a little catch-up convo with another one of my favorite people.
You know the ones: How's life? What's new? Where your boyfriend at? etc.
This favorite told me he was trying to have fun and was being quite successful at it.
I congratulated him and thought about how much fun I was not having. I don't attend social activities each night, I was sitting at home sick with Cory, Topanga, and Shawn, and I have a huge project hanging over my head just waiting to take away my Saturday.
This morning, as I was hop, skip, and jumping over snow patches to my car, I thought to myself, "Self, are you completely ridiculous? Yes. YOU HAVE SO MUCH FUN EVERYDAY! Look how excited you are to get to school today and learn and teach and play and laugh. You are dancing around at 7 am on a 21 degree, January morning on your way to a 10 hour workday. Dancing."
Life is so good. Life is ALWAYS good. Even when it's not, its good. Life = good.
I know what you are thinking. "Breanna always posts about the same thing. She has negative thoughts and then realizes her stupidity and then continually rejoices. When is she going to learn? And when is she going to come up with something new to write about."
Well, I am learning. My bet is you are too. And to me, learning is an eternal process. I don't think I'm perfect yet in any part of life. Yes, there are parts that I am actually really, really good at, but I can be better. And as soon as I get really, really good at this part, I'll write about something new. But for now, I'm just basking in the winter sun. Through a window (it's still really cold out there).
Also, I can breathe out of my nose today, which is a huge improvement from last night.
4 comments:
YAY! :)
"I can breathe out of my nose today, which is a huge improvement from last night." - Breanna Stutz
Great quote. It made me smile.
I'm going to carve it into a piece of wood and hang it over the doorway.
Love, Dad
P.S. - My first EVER entry on a blog. Only for you, Breanna.
I love this. AND you. :)
Sometimes it is so easy to see the negative. We all go through the same circle...even last night I was crying to Kenny about some not so favorite things, and I can see the logic in why I shouldn't be crying..but sometimes we just have to get it out. Girls are weird like that, haha!
Life is good!
Plus your blog always brightens my day!
AND OMG...does Dad really have a BLOG ACCOUNT!!!
Post a Comment