Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rejoice!!

As I sit alone crying and smiling and laughing in my room because of the knowledge I've been given, I want to shout it to the world. I want everyone I care about to know of the overwhelming happiness in my heart!

But first, I call home. I want to share with them first!

As I start leaving a message, my dad picks up sounding happy as usual to talk to me. And I express, in simple English, my joy. The words are hard to find. "The Gospel is so great! Why is it so great? How are we so lucky?"

I want to run into the courtyard of my apartment complex and jump and yell and sing about the glorious news of the Lord! But most the people here already know this news, and would probably laugh at my silly simple pleasures. But this is not silly, the Restoration is REAL!

Today was so wonderful. Relief Society, Gospel Principles, Sacrament. Every teacher, every speaker, spoke directly to my soul. How do they know what I need to hear? The Lord knows what I need, and He is gracious with His blessings.

My dad said, "You know these times when the confirmations are so strong and happen over and over again that the Lord is going to expect you to share the wealth. Spread the knowledge you are receiving, give to others what you have been given."

I have not done enough to deserve these blessings, but I know that I will rejoice and give thanks and share them! What a beautiful life we live! What a beautiful plan we have in store!

Goodness. Real, true, divine goodness.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Bre. Do you know how much I love you?! I feel the same way and I can never express it the way I want to! This was beautifully put. WE ARE SO LUCKY! The Lord is so kind in bestowing upon us these personal blessings that speak directly to our souls. The gospel will continue to grow and grow but will never cease being about the individual. I LOVE YOU!

brooke said...

I FEEL it too! If I would have been there I would have yelped and jumped with you.
AMEN.

Claire said...

YES YES YES!
My Sunday felt like what your Sunday sounds like. I feel like I want to be with you soon. I feel like we can jump up and down together and we will sound our Rejoice!
You are great. You make me smile. I'm glad we're friends.