As the warm wind whipped my hair across my face, it whipped my heart back to June. It's strange to think that was only 3 months ago. It seems that too much has happened in between then and now.
June. A month of only 7 fast-paced credits and excess extra time. A month of best friends and road trips and goodbyes. A month of sitting in the grass with a book or a journal and watching the pedestrians stroll by. A month of barbeques and late nights on the swing.
What a wonderful thirty days it was. June is slowly becoming my favorite. I thought about these things as I walked on concrete that was soaked by now dripping sprinkler heads. The smell took me back. The sun beat on my cheeks. The desire to roll up my jeans was strong, but I continued walking down that familiar hill. Yes, it is a beaten path, but it's one that I love.
Tomorrow's high is 54 degrees. Today's low was 58. Bring it on.
I made sure to smash a particularly crunchy leaf with my shoe before walking up the steps to the Enclave once again.
While June may be my favorite month, October is a close second.
4 comments:
YES! I am the first to comment!
This morning as I walked with Scott and Kent to campus (more on that later, ha!) I could smell fall! I had to stop mid sentence and say: "Oh! Can you smell that?! It smells like fall!" It was delicious like crisp autumn air, warm sweaters, Halloween, apple cider, and best friends. All lovely!
I like this time of year. I need to remember that more often.
Thanks for reminding me of that!
love
p.s. Longest comment ever. It's a blog post in itself.
oops
p.p.s. I LOVE that picture!
also my word verification is "polybod." I wonder what that is?
Sister, I really love this post. I also really love you and can't wait until Thanksgiving!
I miss the leisure of June, and I enjoy the October weather. I wish we could combine them somehow. Maybe Alaska.
A high of 54, and a low of 58? Did I read that right?
Post a Comment