
Lately, I have been reaching far out of my comfort zone, more than I ever thought I could. Most things do not make me uncomfortable. I am loud and outgoing, open and probably too honest. But somehow, I have been finding ways to step out of myself and continue to "build character." For instance, the other night, on a mini-friend-date (no need for an explanation), I went ring shopping. That's right. Acting as if I was engaged to my friend (or planning to be soon) and looking at rings and convincing the sales lady that I indeed was getting married in August. It was not that it was an awkward circumstance at all. I CAN NOT decieve people! I am awful at it. I can be read like a book so I was completely going crazy beforehand, but when I had done it and it was over.. it was so exhilarating! I was proud of myself. Minus the fact that I am not your average girl, I don't know a thing about engagement rings. Also, I have been speaking up more and more in classes, and talking more and more to strangers and new acquaintances. I've born testimony more often than usual, and I've sang and danced in front of crowds.
Tonight for a ward family home evening, the activity was lip syncing. No, I did not plan to go up there and entertain, but somehow I ended up in front of the microphone, singing to Kristen Chenoweth's high, childish voice. Yes, I made a COMPLETE fool of myself, it was not as funny as intended, and people probably are thinking "Ok, Breanna is not as cool as I thought." But those times are so necessary! Sometimes you have to make a fool of yourself, you have to get embarrassed. How will we grow if we never go through awkward and humiliating situations? Of course, we can avoid them at all costs, but they will happen. And we will learn. And love ourselves more for our weaknesses.
As a side note, I am writing a children's book. And illustrating another. And I made the best cake of my life ever. And I am going to be an EFY counselor this summer. And I pulled off a huge enrichment and freshman reunion in the same weekend. I am proud of my recent accomplishments! And I get to see the male half of my family in two weeks, how great!
Breanna's Words of Wisdom: One Halloween, be the last trick-or-treater out in your neighborhood. You get all the leftover candy.
8 comments:
Yea! I love hearing from you. However, you are sounding much too wise for the Bre I know and love. I still can't believe you love to bake - it cracks me up!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Oh my goodness this post makes me so happy. I'm incredibly proud of you. Also... what kind of delicious cake did you make?
I am shocked and awed that Breanna loves to bake! It must be the mountain air! Her family is hoping she loves to bake the short time she will be home this summer!
Pfft...you so did plan to entertain people at the lip sync night. Just not quite how you did. And it was amazing!
You make me happy. Glad you're blogging again.
This was good.
Really good.
Thank you dear.
haha, my mom thinks you aren't normally wise!!
You inspire me. I want to be you.
I want you to blog more.
That first one was actually Mom. Wow. Something is wrong. You enjoy baking. Also, I can't believe you actually pretended like you were ring shopping!
Post a Comment