Sunday, October 12, 2008

Indulgences.

So, I created this blog to show my wonderful parents what is going on in my life at Brigham Young University, however anyone (who is not a creeper) is more than welcome to read it!

Last weekend was General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It is a wonderful weekend full of four (or five, if you are a guy) two-hour sessions of talks from our beloved leaders.  Not only do we get encouraged and strengthened, we get a lazy weekend to watch it on our TVs (or laptops in my case) and enjoy ourselves.  

Back home, my dad has a tradition of going out for ice cream after the men attend the priesthood session on Saturday night.  I decided that, although I am a girl, I could participate in this wonderful idea. Who doesn't love sweets? So I spent Friday and Saturday absolutely immaculatizing my apartment and baking and making all sorts of sweet treats, and invited my entire ward (plus some friends) over after the Saturday night session.  It was quite the success! Probably 80-100 people came and went at some point in the night, and some wonderful people contributed to the collection of desserts.

Here are some of the desserts I made myself:

Mom, you would be so proud, here is my magazine-clean apartment.

Anyway, it was a great way to re-meet a lot of my ward and to eat with friends. I think I will make it a tradition! I think the funniest part of the night was the fact that boys continuously would leave with handfuls of homemade chocolate pretzels.  I am somewhat famous because of those now, and they were the easiest thing I made!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah...I am not a creeper! I am so happy you are back in the blogging world! Your apartment is totally cute and I am so impressed with your baking skills!

Carolyn said...

holy-moly bre! Cooking and everything?!!! Who knew you and AD would turn into such "homely" (look it up in the dictionary!!) girls!

Meredith said...

hahahahaha, mom called you homely! (ask lauren about that one.)